Stone Technology Centre (STC) is a private organization, which was set up by Mr. K. Vikram in 1983 initially to publish books. Mr. K. Vikram has been involved in all facets of dimension stone industry – geology, mining, processing, domestic marketing and exports and has almost 30 years of experience in India and abroad. STONE PANORAMA is a publication of STC. The company has been working in the field of Dimension Stones and Building Construction Industry for the last 25 years.
Stone Technology Centre is now involved in the following activities:-
(a) Engineering & Consultancy: Preparation of pre-feasibility report, conducting market research and market surveys, ascertaining potential of a product in a country, setting up marble/granite/slate/sandstone quarries and processing plants, manufacture of artifacts, providing information on foreign collaboration as well as fiscal incentives for setting up foreign units in India etc. STC of its own has done many projects in India and abroad. Reconnaissance surveys have also been done along with geological investigations on the deposits in India. STC has expertise to set up complete project from inception till production.
1) Stone Industry in India
2) Directory of Dimensional Stones
3) Pashan-A Buyer’s Guide for Dimensional Stones
4) Export Potential of Dimension Stones
5) Slate: The Wonder Stone
6) The Rajasthan Dimension Stone Industry: Opportunities Galore
• Fair Planner: International Fairs on Dimension Stones, which is a review of all world events in the field of dimension stones, is published every year since 1996. It is an annual thoroughly researched publication.
• Stone Panorama: It is a quarterly magazine, which is the largest distributed magazine from Asia and 3rd largest distribution in the world.
• Architecture and Interiors Panorama: A quarterly magazine dedicated to the Building Construction Industry. The magazine covers the new concepts in the architecture of New and old projects. Also gives an insight to the various exhibitions in this sector.
• Renewable Energy and Climate Change: A quarterly publication on the Renewable Energy and Power Sector. The magazine describes the change in the needs of the alternate source of energy for the future.
• Construction Patrika: A bimonthly magazine on the Building construction Industry. The bilingual magazine is prepared in both languages Hindi and English. Popular in the Northern states of India.
• www.worldstonefairs.com: A display of 50 Natural stone Events across the globe. Visitors of the website are facilitated to be a part of the exhibitions.
• www.constructionfairs.com: A collection of 300 Building Construction Events. The events are differentiated based on the various sectors of the Building Construction Industry. solely to present an easily maneuverable platform wherein buyers, suppliers, exhibitors, visitors and others from all over the world can get the latest updated information about building & construction fairs at one place.
(c) Research & Development Work: STC carries out special research on few topics of international interest from time to time. It gets various tests done at National Test Houses for stones. Some of these are based on availability of funding from different sources.
(d) Training: STC has conducted training program for quarry workers earlier. It has the capability of conducting training program on processing, domestic marketing, exports etc.
(e) Recruitment of Manpower: It also assists Indian and foreign companies in recruiting suitable technical manpower – quarry and processing operators, supervisors, managers etc.
(f) International Fairs Marketing: STC has been involved in the marketing of different International fairs, all over the world
• MARBLE, Turkey
• STONEX, Cairo, Egypt
• Carra Marmotec, Italy
• Xiamen Stone Fair, China
• Stonetech, Shanghai, China
• InterKamien, Poland
• Expostone, Russia
• Stona, Bangalore, India
• Vitoria Stone Fair, Vitoria, Brazil
• India Mining, Gandhinagar, India
• Buildmat, Coimbatore, India
• India Stone mart, Jaipur, India
• Worldbex, Manila, Philippines
and many others